PERIODONTICS OR GUM DISEASE TREATMENTS
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF GUM DISEASE
There are different grades of gum disease, the first stage is gingivitis, and the second is periodontics. Gingivitis is the earlier stage and is not quite serious, and is treatable easily. It is an inflammation of the gums surrounding your teeth. Bacterial infection is the main cause of gingivitis. It is quite common among people and varies in the degree of severity. Gingivitis if you leave it without any treatment. It leads to a critical condition known as periodontitis. Periodontitis is the inflammation or infection of bones below the gums. Gum infection is the major reason for tooth loss among adults.
Gum bleeding can be the result of untreated halitosis. In that case, you need a halitosis treatment dentist. In this age of the internet, getting a dentist or clinic where you can avail of halitosis treatment is quite easy. All you require is to look for a halitosis specialist near me or halitosis treatment near me.
What causes gum disease?
The main reason for any mouth disease is poor oral health. Various factors cause gum disease, but the most relevant is poor oral hygiene. This allows the bacteria to remain on the surface of the teeth and infect it. Apart from poor oral health, other factors that cause gum disease are.
• Smoking and Tobacco Consumption is another important factor in increasing the rate of gum diseases in people.
• Disoriented teeth create space for plaque and bacteria to accumulate: this cause bad breath, gingivitis, and other problem in your mouth.
• Your hormones also play a role in causing gum disease. Generally, it happens at the time of puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc. An increase in the level of hormones makes your gums vulnerable to bacterial attacks.
Apart from these, there are other factors as well, such as cancer or its treatment, stress, alcohol, poor nutritious diet, a diet high in sugar, low vitamin C, etc. are some of the main reasons to cause gingivitis.
What are the symptoms of gum disease?
People suffering from gum disease show various symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms among people at the start of gingivitis are.
• Gum bleeding is one of the common symptoms if your gums bleed easily at the time of brushing or flossing. Consult any gum bleeding dentist. It is a decisive symptom that indicates the onset of gingivitis along with red swollen gums.
• Bad breath and continuous oral odour, along with plaques on the surface of gums or white spots, can be major issues. If you need a reliable bad breath treatment dentist, then lookup for a bad breath treatment dentist near me or a bad breath doctor near me. You will get ample options to choose from
• Change in how your tooth fits in your mouth or if there is pus between your gums are also the symptoms of gum disease.
What are the treatments available?
If you want to treat gingivitis, search for a gum bleeding dentist near me or gum bleeding treatment near me to consult a doctor. You can start by practising oral hygiene. Apart from this, there are treatments available such as.
• The deep cleaning – This technique is to clean your teeth and remove all impurities such as plaque and tartar. It is an effective method that dentists use in the early case of gingivitis. We clean your teeth using techniques like scaling, root planing, and Laser.
• Antibiotic medicines – Some of the medicines that are helpful to treat gum diseases are antiseptic mouthwashes, oral antibiotics help treat gum inflammation, and others are some of the antibiotic medications that people can use in consultation with their doctors.
• Surgery – It is the last option to go for and is usually for extreme cases. Flap surgery is a common example.
Repose Dental Clinic
Hansa Apartment, First Floor, 20/1A, Broad Street, Kolkata – 700019
Dental Department,First floor,Room no 25(D)
7/2, Diamond Harbour Rd, Alipore, Kolkata, 700027
Scaling and Polishing
Specialists at these Clinics uses piezo- ultrasonic devices for scaling and polishing to remove tartar, deposits and stains from tricky areas of the mouth. Thus leaving tooth surface smooth and less susceptible to bacterial plaque. It is recommended to get a clean-up done every 6 months.